Thursday, June 11, 2009

This morning I woke up to a rainbow right outside my window. Not that I could see it through the window, but if it was a tangible thing I could have grabbed it. It was stunning.
Today I realized I've been living in Europe for exactly one year. One year ago I landed in Madrid, over slept my alarm and was a few minutes late for my first Pueblo Ingles meeting. 365 days ago I spoke much better Spanish, set my first foot in Europe, and changed my life forever. 12 months ago I didn't speak any Italian, couldn't navigate public transportation, and thought I was moving back to the US in March. It's hard to believe how different my life is from a year ago. I'm now a veteran of transatlantic flights, I am officially an expatriate, and it's been difficult to say the least, but I'm proud of myself. I've made it through a year, only 12 weeks before the big move.

No comments: