Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Through

I made it through, all the anxiety for nothing. As much as I wasn't ready to come back I'm so incredibly thankful that I'm here without any problems. Thoroughly uninteresting flights, a good does of a sleeping pill that I haven't quite slept off at this point, and not a second look at passport control. Some one asked me more questions for my 2 hour lay over in Dublin than they did for my 3 month stay in Italy. But that's just fine with me. A few more hours on a train and I can collapse into my bed. I'm ready to stop doing transatlantic flights for a while. It's hard on my body. I need sleep so badly but it's only 12:30, by the time I get home it'll most likely be close to 4:30-5 so if I can just keep myself awake for a couple more hours after that I might be alright. But at this point it could prove quite a task.
Now just to prepare myself for the insanity that will be the next 3 months. Friends I haven't seen in what feels like forever, friends I've yet to meet, stress unknown to me and operating on an inhuman amount of sleep. But this is most likely the last time I'll be able to do something like this. So I've got to soak it up and no matter how much I want one more night of sushi with Scott and Aniko or one last drink with Kelsey, Taylor, and Red, I have to put them all on hold for a bit. These moments that are yet to come this summer are going to be much harder to recreate after these months. The things I wasn't ready to leave at home are my constants and I have to remember that they'll be there when I return.

No comments: