Sunday, December 21, 2008

A few things

Since living in Italy I've started marking my books with old dollar bills, ones that had stowed away on this trip in pants and jacket pockets unnoticed. Maybe I'm doing it to remind myself that gobbling down these books is worth something, maybe not at this moment, just like this dollar is worthless in this moment. But at some point I'll go back to the US, maybe not for good, but at some point I'll go back. So maybe all these English words aren't doing me much good at the moment but sometime (maybe in the near future) they'll serve me.
Also I've recently become aware of how many Italian men are inviting themselves to my bed. I know I often complain that American boys are too shy, but this seems to be crossing some sort of line. Maybe it wouldn't seem so strange if they were inviting me to sleep in their beds, but I've never had someone invite themself to my bed. Is this some sort of cultural characteristic I'm not aware of? It doesn't seem to matter that I live in a house with 7 other people and privacy is practically nonexistant. Maybe that is part of the draw, maybe I'm attracting an unusual amount of exhibitionists...Oh the Italians, what's a girl to do except take several lovers and learn how to desire and be desired and equally important be fulfilled in all that desire.

No comments: