Sunday, December 21, 2008

This body is growing hard and stale
rotting from the inside out
stinking of the fish
I've had to fill it with
Wanting desperately to be fished
out of the gaping river
swelling mountains.
This body has become the river
and the fish
and the slime and rotten wood
that sink to the bottom.
It is the rocks that the damned tourists
use to cross.
It's the ice
slapped on the top
keeping the muck from
stinking up the village.
The water is in my eyeballs
and always in my bladder
I can't seem to get rid of it
constantly pushing its way out
yearning, smashing against the banks
against the outside of this corspe
A swollen bloated body
with a putrid stentch
stinking up my river
my body
How do I fish a body
out of my body?
How can I rid it of stagnent
waters and force the spring?

1 comment:

a said...

why foul, putrid, bloated?
oh, oh.