Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just over 2 months until I head back to the States. It seems like it will be insanity here until then: groupls, schools, staff meetings, Italian lessons, and one more round of skiing. The whole thing is just a blur...Ohio for 10 days, 3 days in New York, and then back to Italy for the summer. In theory 2 months seems like a long time, but I know it will fly by. The wind storm outside feels like the content of my head has been set loose on the world. Rushing about, destroying, and reordering the world. Bits and pieces in places you never expected them, but maybe it isn't so bad that they aren't where you originally put them. Maybe I need something to shake up the order of my life.
I've been thinking alot about September today. Feels like the pressure I escaped from my senior year at Denison is coming down on me now. The fear that I have to decide the rest of my life this moment. What will I do? Can I even find a job right now? Where will I live? All of the logisitics associated with finding a job and apartment on the other side of the planet. I know it will work out, the same way the Europe worked out for me, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bit of stress involved. Maybe that's what keeps me on my toes enough to make things work out. I just need to tackle on major life decision at a time, it's that once piece at a time that I'm having trouble with at the moment.

No comments: